Aqua Solution gels water for waste water disposal
What is Aqua-Soluiton?
Aqua-Solution looks like sugar but is really a cross-linked polymer, which only absorbs water-based solutions. Aqua-Solution is super-absorbent, taking a water solution from a liquid state to a semi-solid state gelatin form, not a completely hardened solid waste mass. This is a wastewater treatment solution that allows hazardous wastewaster or hazardous waste paint to be disposed of in a landfill. Aqua-Solution is considered a Best Management Practice (BMP) my the EPA and is excellent for wastewater management or recycling.
Aqua-Solution is used in a wide variety of ways in the construction, agricultural, industrial and petrochemical areas. The most well known applications on the RTC Supply website is for the Vinyl-Con concrete washout disposal and paint washout diposal. Aqua-Solution can absorb large quantities of water or liquid solutions for wastewater removal. Aqua-Solution is not a water treatment chemical and is completely environmentally safe.
Other types of use are for agriculture exist in lawn care, transplanting, water retention aid, seeding, hydro mulching, bare root shipping, gardening and soil conditioning; industrial uses for Aqua-Solution include water removal, water retention, fuel filters, thickening agents, water stop material, sludge dewatering aid, cold/hot pack media and battery acids; within the petrochemical industry, the solidification of spills is its primary use.
Aqua-Solution cost much less to dispose of than alternative methods because Aqua-Solution does not significantly increase the volume of the spill and waste when it turns to gelatin form for disposal. It expands in volume by less than 1%. This means that if you have bucket of water and you gel it with Aqua-Solution, you will have a bucket full of gelled water. It does not expand.
Aqua-Solution absorbs large amounts of liquid, usually about 250 times its own weight. This means that a 2lbs bag of Aqua-Solution will easily absorb 38 gallons of liquid.
Aqua-Solution Absorbs Fast: Aqua-Solution turns liquid to gel approximately 2-3 minutes
After Absorption Aqua-Solution gel will slowly evaporate until it reaches a relatively dry state, depending on the humidity present. After evaporation occurs this dry material will again absorb water to the original level. The cycle will continue for several cycles; however, the absorbent capability of Aqua-Solution diminishes with each use.
- Is Non-Toxic, Non-Hazardous; does not produce heat or off-gasses.
- Meets and exceeds EPA, OSHA, & ANSI Guidelines for absorbent material performances
- Passes the Paint Filter Liquid Test (Method 9095)
- Non-Biodegradable polymer (Per 40 CFR 264.314 (e) (1) (ii))
- Expands by less than 1% when hydrated SEG certified incinerable material with heat value of 5560 BTU/lbs.
- Strong ion exchange capability allows for heavy metals to be bound & waters to pass TCLP
- Absorbs over 250 times its weight in water
- Freeze-Thaw Tested - will not release liquids after freezing and subsequent heating to 160° F
- Produces over 5,000 BTU’s per pound when incinerated
- Solidifies most aqueous solutions in less than 2 minutes—does not require mixing.